As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to support new and existing businesses of our local economy, stimulate employment growth, and develop our youth. Our goal is to become an employer of choice, creating and maintaining a lasting positive legacy in the communities we touch.
Maritime anticipates significant regional and provincial socioeconomic benefits from the Hammerdown project.
- A contribution in excess of C$64.4 million in direct federal and provincial taxation benefits over the life of mine (LOM);
- An operational expenditure forecasted at over C$278.7 million;
- Approximately 1,000 person years of direct employment;
- Local contract opportunities for ore transport and other operational support services.
Investment In Our Youth
We continue to recognize the importance of developing our youth. As we proceed to plan and develop our Hammerdown project, our investment in our youth will continue to provide real world exposure and experiences to many aspects of our mining sector, developing the next generation - ‘employees of the future.’
- Continued provision of annual bursaries to graduating students;
- Established Learning Partnership with the College of the North Atlantic and Valmont Academy;
- Financial support for sustainability based projects;